The Development of the CALM Bipolar App through Participatory Design Methodology in Early Onset Bipolar Disorder (15-25 years)
Young people and their families worked collaboratively with NHS professionals and a small to medium enterprise to develop an App for mood monitoring in young people with Bipolar Disorder.
Key features of the current App include:
- Live logging of mood … using colour scale
- Free-text diary
- Longitudinal mood monitoring
- Lifeline feature
Young people & families’ vision for the future:
- App personalisation ... profile
- Therapeutic activity ... mindfulness, doodle pads
- Dashboard for service access linked to electronic health records
- Buddy app … for parents/partners with GPS location
If you are interested in the feedback from young people who have used the App, please click here.